Tips and for Writers
- Read, read, read, and then read more, especially the types of books you plan to write or are writing.
- Write, write, write, and then write a lot more. You have to write many words before you write any worthy of publication.
- Join a writers’ group. If there isn’t one near you, form one! Another idea: join an online critique group.
- Go to writers’ conferences and other literary events where you can meet editors, agents, and published authors. Get your work critiqued there and listen to the comments and suggestions from professionals in the publishing industry. Sometimes, they’re right.
- If you really want to get published, never give up!
To learn how I got published by Random House, read my Breakthrough article from The Writer magazine.